the Churches of Gavalochori
Agios Petros and Pavlos
Άγιος Πέτρος και Παύλος
celebration date 29 June
The church of Agios Pavlos, which gives its name to the neighborhood of the village Gavalochori in Apokoronas dates back to the 16th century.
It has been restored and no frescoes are preserved inside.
A 12th century cemetery has been located at the site, which indicates that there was an older church.
Inside there is a cross dating back to 1886.